The individual is responsible for leading the curriculum, training and education policy design for all formal schools programmes which includes the flagship schools and partnership schools (supported by the government of various provinces). The incumbent will provide overall vision, direction, guidance and support to the Academics, Training, Design and Illustration and Education Implementation teams with a key focus on:
- Enhancing relevant technical and design thinking skills of teams by enabling a culture of deep thinking, questioning, researching, collaborating and creating
- Minimizing the implementation loss of teaching and learning materials for students and teachers by following a conscientious approach in design of these materials and building capacity of faculty in effectively delivering these materials
- Student needs both with respect to academics and well-being, within the framework of the core curriculum provided by the Government
- Ensure continuous improvement within programme design by incorporating field-related input
- Lead the Academics and Training departments and Design and Illustration units in the development of teaching and learning materials for students and faculty that is aligned with the TCF vision.
- Explore various opportunities (with respect to quality and cost) for curriculum content improvement including, but not limited to, research on national and international curriculum standards, in-house content development, and external collaborations.
- Periodically review the professional development strategy/roadmap for different cohorts of faculty individuals based on: need, medium of delivery, subject expertise, tenure, performance, position and roll out of new programmes.
- Provide relevant support and expertise to the design and execution of TCF’s core training programmes: PRESET and summer INSET of teachers and principals.
- Explore the various possibilities to enhance the professional development of principals and teachers and define technology’s role in delivering effective training and other professional development workshops to TCF faculty
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, student and teacher well-being, faculty training, assessment and similar activities
- Enable a culture of sincerity, compassion and excellence across teams. Hire, develop, retain and appraise team with particular focus on encouraging a culture of deep thinking, questioning, researching, collaborating and creating.
- Focus on developing a strong cadre of committed professionals at the Head Office, Region, Area and Schools. These individuals will be the key enablers for development and implementation of educational initiatives
- Continuous effort to understand and brief organization on:
- Status of education at TCF schools through regular interface with education team, principals, teachers and students
- Measures to address design or implementation gaps in education
- Developments in the outside world regarding educational policies and practices
- Collaborate with relevant departments on design, execution, implementation and evaluation of academics and training programmes
- Provide support on other relevant projects within TCF as and when the need arises
- Quarterly visit schools for seeing uptake of work in schools and need based visits for government/other partner liaison.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate clarity of thought, precision in communication and excellence in implementation. Specific attributes include:
- Strong design thinking and problem-solving skills with a particular focus on being detail oriented
- Experience of managing complex projects and large teams through a culture of excellence and compassion
- Understanding and preferably a track record of comprehending challenges of implementation across a large system and of delivering through influence.
- Well-developed commercial sense to understand implications of options available and to structure deals considering strategic, legal and cost dynamics.
- Strong communication skills in both Urdu and English
Masters’ degree (with strong research experience). Preferably in an Education or Public Policy related field
6 to 8 years of experience in Education sector in a management role with experience of academic program design and implementation