- Research Foundational Literacy approaches and set specific goals and objectives for Urdu literacy, which can also support learning in other disciplines in Urdu
- Develop a set of goals for Social Studies in the early grades in harmony with the SNC as well.
- Thoughtfully use the instructional time allocation, material design and student socio-emotional development frameworks and guiding principles developed by TCF in the development of teacher guides for Urdu and Social Studies.
- In collaboration with the Project Lead, identify useful content from TCF’s content repository as well as other open source content to curate learner materials and incorporate their usage in under-development and under-review lesson plans.
- Maintain a strong connect with the intended users of the resources: teachers and students, including field testing specific approaches, seeking teacher feedback on their support requirements etc.
- Review and provide feedback on Urdu and Social Studies Lesson Plans created by content developers, and develop exemplar lesson plans as well.
- Research and design formative and summative assessment strategies for the TG
- Review the teacher guides for Grade Clusters II-III and IV-V for Urdu and Social Studies to improve differentiation in the multigrade context and identify where learner materials can support further differentiation and scaffolding.
- Assist the PD team in developing useful content to support training of teachers in using Urdu and Social Studies learner and teacher materials.
- An understanding of the structure and design of curriculum documents and how they translate to learning experiences
- Understanding of Foundational Literacy approaches
- Experience in designing purposeful and joyful lesson plans and activities
- Understanding how students learn, particularly in the early grades, and how language learning can be aided in a multigrade classroom
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team management skills
- Ability to plan and organize activities within strict timelines
- Excellent English proficiency
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, or a related discipline
2-3 years of relevant experience in teaching and content development