The incumbent will be responsible for conducting classes for their respective subject and ensure consistency of material circulated in the classrooms. They will be responsible for creating test and exam papers and timely and meticulous checking of papers. They will also be responsible for counselling students based on the challenges they face in their studies and for owning the progress and performance of students in the subject they teach.
- Assist in devising curriculum outlines and lesson plans
- Improve on the lesson plans devised to be implemented in class
- Suggest questions/topics to be tested in the assessments for all monthly, mid-term and preliminary exams
- Look for the best material to be taken in classrooms and finalize all such materials to be compiled with the other subject teachers and Manager English.
- Ensure completeness of material provided.
- Track progress reports and update them with the Manager English with respect to curriculum covered, paper analysis, material shared and student progress report on monthly basis
- Check test papers and provide the students with timely feedback and raise red flags with the manager wherever necessary
- Communicate openly with the team
- Keep students motivated so that they can focus on their academics
- Devise remedial plans for weak students and share it with the subject teachers and Manager English
- Conduct classroom observations of peers
- Actively participate in meetings with the best interest of students in mind
- Knowledge and experience of relevant subject
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of accuracy, productivity and initiative
- High degree of professionalism and ability to work independently but also maintain a close connection with a team
Master’s degree in relevant subject (MA English)
1-2 years of secondary teaching experience