· Lead the development of the layout and design of textbooks and other resources;
· Come up with innovative and interesting ways to present content in a manner that students find interesting and engaging;
· Use visual tools to organize information such that users are able to easily navigate the resources and retain core concepts and takeaways;
· Ensure that the layout and design choices in the books are consistent with TCF’s brand and values;
· Maintain a strong connect with the intended users – teachers and students – to understand what kind of content they find engaging and interesting. This would entail meetings with teachers and students and testing sample lessons with them;
· Create graphics and animations using a variety of tools, such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
· Collaborate and communicate with other developers, instructional designers, graphic artists, and print vendors;
· Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
· Creativity in illustration and design
· Passion to stay current on industry trends and related technology
· An understanding of the basic fundamentals of design for print (preferred)
Bachelors’ Degree in related field
Preferably 1-2 years