The Citizens Foundation (TCF) is one of Pakistan’s largest non-profit organizations, with the mission of providing quality education to marginalized communities within the country. As of 2020, TCF has established over 1,600 purpose-built school units nationwide with an enrolment of over 250,000 students, who we envision will go on to become agents of positive change.
We are hiring a full-time resource who will be responsible for conducting a feasibility analysis to enhance the scalability of TCF’s low-fee schools. With the help of this study, TCF aims to improve its business model of providing low-fee formal schooling services and successfully accomplish its mission of creating 2 million agents of positive change by 2030 while tackling three main problems in education:
- Access to education – around 23 million kids of school going age are out of school in Pakistan.
- Return to school – Rehabilitating and providing necessary life skills to out-of-school children who fell through the system or never got a chance.
- Quality of education – around 30 million kids are enrolled in schools. However, across a majority of public and low fee private schooling systems, there is a stark realization that the students are not learning.
The incumbent will be overlooking the Quality at Scale project at TCF and will be responsible to:
- Study the dynamics of the low-fee private schooling market through secondary and primary research.
- Identify the target population of schools and teachers and understand their learning needs
- Develop a value proposition for the proposed target market and identify key elements of the potential offerings for them.
- Develop a high-level operating model to deliver the designed value proposition.
- Build a high-level 5-year financial model for the new enterprise.
- Understand the relevant regulatory context for the new enterprise and identify key risks.
- Develop a pilot testing plan that would help in establishing business viability and in making key strategic decisions with respect to the new enterprise.
- Ability to develop and lead a highly functional team
- Demonstrated ability around high quality delivery
- Demonstrated ability of managing multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to balance process and results focus
- Ability to think big and plan in detail
Masters from a reputed institute
At least 7 years of experience in education, social impact, and/or development sector.
Experience with technology, Ed-Tech and working with low fee private schools is a plus