The assistant manager will work for the Middle Grades English Program, which involves re-envisioning and re-structuring the English curriculum. Overseeing content and editions for materials, and overlooking project execution.
- Develop curriculum and content drawing upon international best practices in EFL instruction
- Research on best practices for conducting assessments for EFL learners
- Preparing presentations and organizing information for informed decision making
- Collaborating with other teams within FPD with regards to language learning and teacher training.
- Work in school(s) to implement the new curriculum for English
- Identify or develop relevant instructional materials to support language acquisition along with teacher training materials
- Create resources to support effective classroom practices
- Monitor the outcomes of curriculum implementation, student learning, training and communication and makes necessary changes to increase effectiveness
- Accountable for adhering to deadlines with regards to project planning.
- Knowledge of English language instruction approaches, particularly for EFL.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize activities within strict timelines
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations
- Ability to research and collate information
- Expertise with Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s degree (preferably English Language, Literacy or Linguistics)
English Teaching certifications like TEFL, TESOL are preferred.
2-3 years in teaching, training or curriculum development.