Responsible for providing academic support to schools identified in the area and improving the delivery of quality education in line with TCF policies and procedure.
Overall Area Leadership
- Responsible and accountable for the entire academic leadership and management of Schools and entire cohort of Principals.
- Accountable for ensuring improvement in SSR, fee collection enhancement and day to day fleet management, Responsible for managing Area Administrator to perform overall administrative duties & Academic data management (analysis, verification & preservation)
- Maintain communication with community members and encourage use of community resources where possible to facilitate schools if needed, encourage Principals to keep strong communication with Parents and occasionally attend Parent-Student meetings. Maintain liaison with donor on donor related education activities where required.
- Maintains communication with other AEMs to ensure a strong collaborative working environment, seeks feedback as well as shares best practice to support over all region development
Quality of Principal
- Responsible for overall strengthening of Principal cohort to improve Principal Quality
- Work with the RHR Manager in recruitment of quality local Principals (including participation in Assessment Centers)
- Ensure full participation in PQI visits and monitoring regular academic feedback is provided to the Principals (including
- formally through appraisals) and monitor continuous improvement throughout the year. Where applicable support the Principal through PIP
Quality of Teacher
- Responsible for overall strengthening of Teacher cohort to improve Teacher Quality(Content through TCT and Pedagogy)
- Work with the Principals in outreach and recruitment of quality local Teachers especially in difficult locations, In charge of approving Teacher transfers and promotion recommendations
- Conduct minimum 1 classroom observation on every visit and ensure consistency in feedback
Quality of Schools
- Develop clear action plan for struggling schools in the area, implementation and regular follow up to ensure improvement
- Plan and develop strategies for area improvement (through AIP) clearly linked to whole school and area improvement.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, persuasion and interpersonal skills
- Strong command over English and Urdu
- Proficiency in using computer (MS Office, Internet etc.) Ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Analytical skills
Bachelor’s / Master’s in Education from a reputed institution preferable
At least 3 years of experience as a head teacher / academic leader for a B.Ed. For M.Ed., at least 2 years of experience