The Assistant / Deputy Manager Research & Evaluation will work closely with head of Programme Evaluation & Research. The incumbent is expected to design research evaluation, coordinate during evaluation process, pilot different research instruments, conduct qualitative research, refine study design and survey instruments, manage survey implementation, clean and analyze data, assist in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and coordinate with local teams running the programs being evaluated. The individual is expected to lead and drive the research output of the highest quality, to resolve problems by using clear, strategic, and creative thinking.
- Lead activities for theory of change, literature review, evaluation methods, indicators, data collection methods, and data management.
- Design research evaluation, coordinate during evaluation process, pilot different research instruments, conduct qualitative research, refine study design and survey instruments, manage survey implementation, clean and analyze data, assist in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and coordinate with local teams running the programs being evaluated.
- Conduct research (both qualitative and quantitative) and design evaluations to measure the effectiveness of various initiatives/projects at TCF.
- Lead data cleaning and preliminary analysis and ensuring ready access to data for analysis
- Manage day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation, and monitor quality. Document all activities related to the project and ensure all necessary protocols and procedures are followed.
- Write evaluation reports (technical) and policy briefs (non-technical) for research and keep senior management updated on the learnings.
- Familiarity with the concepts surrounding the theory of change and core tools of Monitoring & Evaluation (both quantitative and qualitative research methods).
- Hands-on experience of leading impact evaluation and familiarity with the challenges surrounding causal attribution
- Demonstrate working knowledge of STATA, R, Python and willingness and ability to learn more at a fast pace
- Learning aptitude is critical as the job might require significant levels of learning new tools for evaluation.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Ability to manage fieldwork related to the project in both urban and peri-urban areas, including field visits. Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and enlist support when needed
- Self-motivating, team player, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility, and strong multi-tasking skills. Comfort in managing multiple tasks effectively requiring collaboration across departments and teams with minimal supervision
- Have a research mindset to be able to research on the latest tools available for evaluation of different projects, and be able to communicate those results within the department whenever needed
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy or Social Sciences
1 years of work experience in leading Research or relevant work at the time of application.
* Individuals with less experience may apply if they have exceptional data analysis skills and exposure to data analytics using Stata, R, and Python.