The AM will develop teacher guides, teacher training materials for pre-primary grades in consonance with the Model School curriculum framework and student learning outcomes. In this capacity, (s)he will:
- Help with mapping out of national, provincial and international curriculum documents to create a solid framework for primary education at TCF
- Conduct online research to design creative learning activities, select appropriate media and stories, and find appropriate toys and materials for pre-primary classrooms.
- Create or adapt ideas for toys, stories, and activities to fit with the Model School context and curricular framework.
- Connect with experts in different fields to create outlines and ideas for non-academic curriculum.
- Research innovative modes of instructional delivery and pedagogical practices to transfer concepts to different types of learners.
- Adapt and create teacher training materials to help teachers effectively deliver created materials in the classroom.
- Visit the pilot school regularly to observe execution of created materials in actual classroom to gain formative feedback which will feed into improving the resources before they are rolled out in all TCF schools.
- Conduct focus groups with teachers about created materials to gain formative feedback which will feed into improving the resources before they are rolled out in all TCF schools.
- Observe and evaluate pre-created curriculum for effectiveness and edit it to fit with the Model School framework.
- Work with the Graphic Design Officer in the design of curricular and training materials to ensure that they are organized logically, that they are user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Develop and execute a framework to assess the success of the created materials.
- Enter, record, and analyze data (quantitative and observation-based) coming from the school.
- Coordinate between various team members for compilation, delivery, and procurement of materials.
- Ability to elucidate thoughts and ideas in clear, concise and easy terms.
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations.
- Ability to research and collate information.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in reading, writing, and typing in Urdu.
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers.
- Passion to understand and work with young children.
- Passion to work with underserved communities in the field.
- Interest in alternative education and project-based learning.
- Interest in DIY, arts, sports, and/ or gardening.
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
1-2 years of work experience, preferably in Early Childhood Education or teacher training.