Execute purchasing for the organization, coordinate purchasing practices, and maximize savings and benefits available to TCF from purchasing activities. Liaise with suppliers/vendors to ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative. To ensure efficient, cost-effective, and timely delivery of provisions and supplies and logistic support to TCF Head Office, Regions & Area Offices.
- Will be responsible for centralized Procurement for IT Accessories and Equipment, Schools Furniture, Electrical Appliances, Solar Energy, Stationery, & General Opex items categories for the entire network of TCF's 1800+ schools, 50+ area offices, 7 regional offices and Head Office.
- Maintain vendors’ portfolios for the supply of items.
- Assist in the Preparation of RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, evaluation, and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with rules and regulations.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Assist Manager Procurement in carrying out market analysis to get the best purchasing deals.
- Ensuring the proper tracking of requisitions and purchase orders and updating the database.
- To identify new suppliers of goods and services to maintain healthy competition.
- To be responsible for the timely delivery of quality goods at the best price.
- Management of logistics and inventories management function.
- Promote good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, and cost.
- Analytical Skills: Works with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery, and other factors.
- Prepare presentation and reports in this regard.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchase files, reports, and price lists.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Timely response to the queries of suppliers and relevant departments regarding order status, changes, or cancelations.
- Carry out timely purchasing activity of all approved items.
- Negotiate with vendors and analyze vendors’ capabilities.
- Check shipments/supplies on receipt to ensure that the goods received meet specifications.
- Record keeping and management of inventory (All School Supplies) stocked in/out of Warehouses.
- Ensure receiving, packing, and dispatch of stock of school supplies to TCF schools are done according to Operational Guidelines.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of all warehousing/inventory and logistics activities.
- Liaising with suppliers/vendors for deliveries.
- Will handle end-to-end Procure to Pay (P2P) cycle that encompasses Procurement, inbound logistics, and payments.
- Assist in any other ad-hoc task assigned by your superior or man-agement.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, committed, and teamwork.
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) · Attention to detail.
- Decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to identify relevant data to inform improvement options.
- Ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
B.E/Bachelors/Masters in relevant discipline.
Minimum three (3) years of work experience in Procurement. Preferably in categories of IT Accessories and Equipment, Schools Furniture, Electrical Appliances, Solar Energy, Stationery, & General Opex items categories.
Should have the strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the mentioned Procurement categories.