The incumbent will work with the Formal Schools – Program Design Team on the overall review, planning, development and revision of TCF’s Social Studies curricula (including teaching and learning materials and curricula documents, such as a Social Studies framework). (s)He will work on the review and revision of Social Studies textbooks, workbooks, teacher’s guides and other resource materials for TCF schools, which includes researching for and writing chapters and lesson plans.
The incumbent will also be responsible for managing various aspects of the resource revision project including reviewing content and design with graphic designers. The medium of instruction of the resources will be Urdu.
The incumbent will also be responsible for other projects related to academics working and school policy.
- Revise resources to produce a set of quality, engaging, student-centric resources for Social studies instruction, in Urdu, drawing upon proven instructional approaches from international contexts and best practices from the local context
- Work closely with Graphic designers in determining an overarching theme to the Social Studies books (textbooks and workbooks)
- Research innovative modes of instructional delivery and pedagogical practices to transfer concepts to different types of learners
- Determine the Social Studies syllabus for TCF schools on a frequent basis
- Be responsible for yearly and on-going projects, annual school opening activities and school policy
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities
- Knowledge or experience of Social Studies instructional approaches
- Strong communication skills in Urdu and English
- Strong command over social Studies concepts
- Ability to plan and organize activities within strict timelines
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations
- Ability to research and collate information
- Ability to develop and review social Studies curricular content
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods
- Expertise of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with learning how to write student-centered lesson plans for teachers, and type in Urdu
Preferably 2-3 years in teaching, training or curriculum development