The Curriculum Design Lead will manage specific projects in TCF’s Academics function. These projects will include but not be limited to leading the development of curriculum framework documents for specific subjects (like Science and Social Studies), as well as leading the design and development of academic programs for TCF schools (like remedial and project-based learning programs).
- Lead a team of specialists in the design and development of curricula for specific subjects in TCF. This includes leading research, providing structures, support and feedback to team members as well as plan for their growth.
- Provide feedback on the design and development of curriculum frameworks for specific subjects.
- Conduct research on other academic areas like project-based learning, etc.
- Design and develop academic programs for TCF schools like project-based learning, remedial program, reading programs, etc.
- Develop assessments for students and teachers.
- Maintain a strong relationship with TCF partners. Collaborate and communicate with other developers and researchers.
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- A strong understanding of learning and instructional approaches
- Strong research skills, both primary and secondary
- Ability to collate information
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Knowledge of or interest in school level Science and Social studies Project Management Skills (plan, design, execute, monitor, evaluate)
- Strong communication skills including effective writing skills
- Ability to plan and organize activities within strict timelines
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations
- Expertise with Microsoft Office
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods.
Bachelor’s degree (with strong research experience). Preferably in an Education related field.
2-3 years in school leadership, teacher training or curriculum design and development.