CDS – Social Studies will work in the Academics Team to lead all projects related to the Social Studies curriculum in TCF. This includes review or design of engaging, interactive, and effective content based on local and international curriculum standards, including textbooks, instructional guides, technology aids, and assessment techniques; development and conduction of teacher training on new curriculum; and design and conduction of monitoring and evaluation plans of relevant projects.
- Liaise with TCF’s partner organizations to develop curriculum
- Review existing curriculum and propose changes if needed.
- Review and develop instructional manuals
- Develop, lead and deliver orientation trainings and refresher trainings to teachers and facilitators.
- Develop eLearning training or content material.
- Conduct comprehensive needs assessments of instruction through research that includes observation of classrooms, focus group sessions with students and teachers and seeking feedback from experienced educators as external evaluators.
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Knowledge of approaches to social studies instruction or the passion to research and learn about them.
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations.
- Ability to research and collate information.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in reading, writing, and typing in Urdu.
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers.
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods.
Bachelor’s degree (preferably Social Sciences)
1-2 years in teaching, training or curriculum development.