The Digital Technology Manager works collaboratively with Head of Digital Fundraising and marketing and IT staff, and is responsible for the project and product management of the design, build, and maintenance phases of the The Citizens Foundation website, several sector-specific microsites, online presences, and digital communications.
The Digital Technology Manager creates and manages the process of updating the content and functionality of all online presences; ensuring optimal technical and visual design, navigation, functionality, accessibility, ease, and efficiency for key internal and external stakeholders.
The Digital Technology Manager supports the back end of all online platforms including ensuring the sites, security, systems, databases, content management systems, hosting, and other technical aspects are working, including trouble-shooting and fixing problems when then occur. This position also creates and manages performance analysis and reporting for all online and digital presences.
Develop online presences and digital communication platforms/tools
- Project manages the design and build phases of all digital communications and tools including developing and managing the process for these phases, and meeting milestones from ideation through to launch.
- Collaborates with internal staff to establish and deliver on agreed upon strategies, requirements, plans, and next steps. Formalizes all of the aforementioned in written form.
- Researches, recommends, and implements best practices and solutions for all digital communications (including but not limited to hosting, e-mail list servers, online widgets, security, permissions, content management systems, QA, databases, redundancy).
- Develop and maintain creative design, informational architecture and workflow for internal CMS ensuring operational effectiveness for all staff.
Product manage all digital communications through website
- Manages the launch and ongoing product management, ensuring functionality at or exceeding agreed-upon specifications and branding guidelines.
- Manages content, in collaboration with internal staff and external stakeholders. This includes training staff and stakeholders on content management system. This may also include making direct updates, proactively soliciting updates, and setting and managing update processes, guidelines, schedules, and logging of updates.
- Ensures the accessibility and effective online marketing of website content through traditional search engine optimization practices.
- Recommends, develops, and programs new website functionality as appropriate.
- Ensures proper operation and functionality of the website, diagnosing and resolving problems appropriately.
- Maintains registration, permissions, and appropriate domain names.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all users and digital communication vendors. Partners with outside vendors and consultants as necessary to optimize the website.
- Execute Email marketing campaigns through automated software using database from CRM and collected from website
- Monitors usage, user satisfaction, and performance of all digital communications.
- Designs, prepares, and presents outcomes reports.
- Implements outcomes learnings and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Participates in regular team meetings to review progress and deliverables.
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years work experience directly managing online and digital products, projects, and processes.
- Programming and site creation expertise; information architecture; basic graphic design, image editing, and layout design.
- Project management experience managing multiple websites and digital communications in a consumer for-profit or innovative, marketing-savvy nonprofit organization. Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications and presentation skills; has an outgoing and polished demeanor.
- Excellent ability to source, distill, and apply relevant best practices and research from a variety of sources and formats.
- Working knowledge of and commitment to the principles, practices, ethics, and legalities of Internet Web publishing.
- Ability to deliver high quality work, quickly, in a dynamic organization under time pressure.
- Demonstrated success in creating real impact within a networked, cross-organizational environment.
- Ability to “lead from behind” and keen understanding and skill in relationship building and stewardship of network-dependent initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in CS or related Fields
3-4 years of experience working as a marketing tech professional