Project Summary “A major reason for poor performance of many linguistic and ethnic minority children is that they are often taught in a language they struggle to understand. It limits their ability to develop foundations for later learning and negatively affects their cognitive development.” UNESCO
In 2018, TCF built its very first schools in the Tharparkar district and is developing and will implement a multilingual education framework first in these schools with potential to scale it across the province. This entails implementing a framework which potentially uses the students’ mother tongue and incorporates the regional language (Sindhi), language of common use (Urdu) and an international language (English) at various stages of a child’s schooling journey. Job Summary
TCF has successfully completed the research phase, and is currently in the Second Phase of developing resources and capacity for the aspired multilingual education framework.
The incumbent will be majorly responsible to form designing layouts for textbooks, story books and other teaching and learning materials and editing of existing teaching and learning materials.
- Design, Illustrate and edit layouts of storybooks for young readers, using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Design and edit layouts of Teaching & Learning Materials including textbooks, teacher guides and others, using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Come up with innovative and interesting ways to present content in a manner that students find interesting and engaging;
- Use visual tools to organize information such that users are able to easily navigate the resources and retain core concepts and takeaways;
- Ensure that the layout and design choices in the books are consistent with TCF’s brand and values;
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers, instructional designers, graphic artists, and print vendors;
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Demonstrated ability using authoring, multimedia, and graphics tools (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, CorelDraw, InPage); candidate will be required to share work samples
- Fluency with using a graphics tablet (Wacom, Intuos, Huion etc.) to create illustrations for storybooks and textbooks.
- Creativity in illustration and design.
- Strong understanding of basic design principles (Understanding of composition, alignments, color palettes, typography and typesetting)
- Experience in designing print-based textbook layouts of educational content for children
- Has the capability to contextualize the illustrations with Interior Sindh.
- Ability to follow guidelines and illustrate or design visuals as instructed.
Bachelors’ Degree in Art or Design fields
At least 2 years in designing textbook layouts - editing, typesetting. Illustrating vector artwork and digital drawings.