The incumbent will be responsible for leading TCF's Internal Audit team and strategic planning of future Internal Audit requirements for the organization to achieve its vision. In addition, providing expert-level technical, analytical advice and skills in the strategic development of internal audit function and risk management areas. The incumbent is also expected to share their expertise in operations, risk management, and compliance with stakeholders, senior management, and the Board.
- Manage the key functions of Internal Audit including: Risk management, controls, system development, and day to day audit engagements
- Evolve and develop the function, its processes and deliverables, in line with technological developments and changes to expectations and best practices.
- Provide expertise to support the development and delivery of the Internal Audit strategy
- Provide leadership for creating and developing Internal Audit policies and manage department resources in efficient and effective manner
- Develop annual Audit plan, forecast and budget for the field visits
- Arrange audit committee meetings, and preparation of minutes of the audit committee meetings.
- Develop presentations for mid-year, annual review, management committee meetings and etc.
- Review and ensure financial information and disclosures provided to management is accurate and relevant.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to senior management.
- Issue audit reports to audit committee, CEO and relevant departmental heads
- Identify key areas of risk within the organization and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
- Improve business processes and organizational effectiveness both internally and externally.
- Provide consulting services to other functions of the Organization.
- Specialist expert knowledge of Audit subjects
- Proven track record of managing an Audit function that is responsive in a changing complex organization
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyse and compare complex technical options drawing on expert level knowledge across a wide range of Audit disciplines
- A proven track record of effective problem solving and the management of change within a dynamic environment and demanding timescales
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to clearly manage priorities for self, reportees and their teams in order to meet targets
- The capacity to clearly develop a clear understanding of business processes
- High level analytical skills and a proven track record of effective problem solving
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident and committed to the use of IT
- Creative and innovative
15 years of education (i.e. Master’s degree or 4 year Bachelor’s degree) in Finance / Audit. Preferable CA or ACCA Qualified
10+ years of total work experience; 5+ years of relevant work experience at senior management level in Audit related fields