The Lab School Project has worked to bring in play-based and exploratory learning for ECE at TCF. Using a design-thinking methodology, it has created curriculum, content, and training materials for low resource schools to effectively implement this philosophy independently. The interventions designed have already shown (qualitatively) impact and are in the process of scaling. Now, the project will take this lens to think about how to reimagine the curriculum and school day for Grade 3-5 TCF students as well as how to create better opportunities for children’s out-of-school learning and care through community engagement.
- Managing a team - making timelines, budgets, delegating work, giving feedback, and creating team culture.
- Working with a team to research, design, implement, and refine for scale in a low resource setting integrated project-based learning units for Grade 3,4,5
- Rework of existing curriculum to find space for play and exploration of community engagement program, gardening program, music program
- Teacher and school leader training on created content
- Advising on design and implementation of studies to study process and impact of each intervention and determine scalability.
- Communicating with grantors to raise awareness and funds about the vision.
- Working with the Lab School principal to support implementation and smooth operation.
- Continuing the development, implementation at lab school and refinement of Class 1 and 2 Theme Based Curriculum including activities and storybooks, Literacy Numeracy and Critical Thinking Toys, Yoga and Exercise Program, Digitization of Training Modules
- Coordinating with various departments who want to use points from the design eg MTB MLE, PPD.
- Curriculum Design and Lesson Planning
- Play Based Learning
- Project Based Learning
- Project Management and Leadership
- Qualitative Research
- Knowledge of Pakistani underserved context
- Vision for 21st century skills based education
- Design Thinking/Human Centered Design
M.Ed Teaching and Learning/Learning and Design
Research Experience (Qualitative and Quantitative)
Management and Planning Experience