“A major reason for poor performance of many linguistic and ethnic minority children is that they are often taught in a language they struggle to understand. It limits their ability to develop foundations for later learning and negatively affects their cognitive development.” UNESCO
In 2018, TCF built its very first schools in the Tharparkar district and is developing and will implement a multilingual education framework first in these schools with potential to scale it across the province. This entails implementing a framework which potentially uses the students’ mother tongue and incorporates the regional language (Sindhi), language of common use (Urdu) and an international language (English) at various stages of a child’s schooling journey.
TCF has successfully completed the research phase, and is currently in the Second Phase of developing resources and capacity for the aspired multilingual education framework.
The incumbent will be responsible to make illustrations for textbooks, story books and other teaching and learning materials including their layout designs.
- Illustrate storybooks for young readers as well as develop a layout and design for them.
- Make illustrations for textbooks, workbooks and other related teaching & learning materials.
- Create graphics and animations using a variety of tools, such as Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, etc.
- Come up with innovative and interesting ways to present content in a manner that students find interesting and engaging;
- Use visual tools to organize information such that users are able to easily navigate the resources and retain core concepts and takeaways;
- Ensure that the layout and design choices in the books are consistent with TCF’s brand and values;
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers, instructional designers, graphic artists, and print vendors;
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Demonstrated ability using authoring, multimedia, and graphics tools (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, CorelDraw, InPage); candidate will be required to share work samples
- Creativity in illustration and design.
- Experience of designing illustrations and textbook layouts of educational content for children
- An understanding of the basic fundamentals of design for print (preferred)
- Has the capability to contextualize the illustrations with Interior Sindh.
Bachelors’ Degree in related field
At least 2 years in illustrations & textbook layouting