The incumbent will spearhead the development, design and execution of a comprehensive training programme for the 12,000+ school faculty and other education practitioners which caters to the varying needs of the staff across all formal schools (flagship as well as partnership schools) by drawing on research of best training practices and adapting them to TCF’s context. This includes determining modes and frequency of professional development at different centers [schools, area, region, head office]; further differentiating support for teachers, school leaders, and field management teams. The incumbent will also develop mechanisms for training needs analysis, design corresponding content for training, and deliver the training / prepare trainers to deliver according to the scale of activity.
- Develop/review the professional development strategy/roadmap for different cohorts of individuals based on: medium of delivery, subject expertise, tenure, performance, position and roll out of new programmes
- Lead the design / re-design and provide relevant support to the execution TCF’s core training programmes: PRESET and summer INSET of teachers and principals.
- Design and develop quality training materials and resources to serve varying needs of the target population
- Explore and/or pilot various training delivery options (virtual, cascade, direct) which can be applicable to TCF’s school network
- Explore the various possibilities and define technology’s role in delivering effective training and other professional development workshops to TCF faculty
- Build capacity of team to become effective trainers and design thinkers
- Oversee the development and execution of teacher competency assessments like Teacher Content Knowledge testing
- Collaborate with relevant departments on design, execution, implementation and evaluation of training programmes
- Provide support on other relevant projects within TCF as and when the need arises.
- Proficiency in using computer (MS Office, Internet etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English & Urdu
- Strong Interpersonal Skills, Project Management and Team Management skills
- Adept at training modules design Thinking
- Ability to elucidate thoughts and ideas in clear and concise terms
- Knowledge of teaching practices
- Ability to Reflect
- Passion to work with under-served communities
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferable (in an Education-related field preferred), humanities and/or social sciences.
2 to 3 years’ experience. Candidates with experience in teaching or professional development preferred.