Literacy and Life Skills is a newly established department at TCF, set up to lead the program on non-formal schooling intervention for out-of-school-children in Pakistan. The incumbent will be responsible for researching, designing, and implementing activities under this program
- Develop theory of change for project activities by reviewing program documents and relevant literature.
- Develop design blueprint for non-formal schooling interventions program, focusing on the target population, curriculum and delivery channel.
- Develop curriculum and instructional tools for the non-formal schooling interventions.
- Design policy framework and operational plan for non-formal schooling interventions.
- Develop and implement a teacher training program for non-formal schooling interventions.
- Develop community engagement module.
- Manage fieldwork related to the project in rural, peri-urban and urban areas.
- Present, summarize and report findings in a structured manner with visuals.
- Work independently, problem-solve, and enlist support when needed.
- Other activities related to the development and implementation of the program.
- Sound understanding of building a foundation of
literacy (English, Urdu, Sindhi) and numeracy from a
teaching and curriculum perspective.
- Familiarity with life skills curriculum / life skills based
- Has class-room teaching experience and some experience with designing student assessments.
- Ability to analyze and summarize information in a structured and comprehensive manner.
- Proficient in using project management tools.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- Strong command over English, Urdu and Sindhi (preferred).
Masters (Preferably in Education)
Required: Minimum 3 years of experience in researching, designing and implementing education program related to primary schooling (including literacy and numeracy) and life skills.