Literacy and Life Skills department was set up at TCF to lead the program on non-formal schooling interventions for out-of-school-children in Pakistan in the 8-16 years age bracket. The incumbent will support in research and design of an education program for out-of-school-children, specifically for life skills. Additionally, the incumbent will support with monitoring and evaluation activities related to the program.
- Conduct field observations to understand the need and context of out-of-school-children
- Observe classrooms to inform the development of teacher guides and student workbooks for out-of-school-children
- Writing lesson plans for numeracy for out-of-school-children.
- Conducting research on community engagement modules and supporting with design and implementation of the same.
- Designing trainings of community based teachers.
- Developing classroom-based monitoring and evaluation tools for the program.
- Administering classroom-based monitoring and evaluation tools for the program.
- Producing analyses and reports; progress and results; briefing documents and lessons learned.
- Other activities related to the program.
- Experience in design of teacher guide/ lesson plans and students worksheets specifically for life skills, social studies and science
- Experience of developing and administering student assessments
- Sound understanding of research methods and has solid analytical skills
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- Proficient in using MS Excel (Advance)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong command over English, Urdu and Sindhi (preferred but not required).
Bachelors (Preferably in Social Sciences, Education)
Fresh graduate or with 1-2 years of experience in research and design of education programs