“A major reason for poor performance of many linguistic and ethnic minority children is that they are often taught in a language they struggle to understand. It limits their ability to develop foundations for later learning and negatively affects their cognitive development.” UNESCO
In 2018, TCF built its very first schools in the Tharparkar district and is developing and will implement a multilingual education framework first in these schools with potential to scale it across the province. This entails implementing a framework which potentially uses the students’ mother tongue and incorporates the regional language (Sindhi), language of common use (Urdu) and an international language (English) at various stages of a child’s schooling journey.
TCF has successfully completed the research phase, and is currently in the Second Phase of developing resources and capacity for the aspired multilingual education framework.
The incumbent will be responsible to design assessment and evaluation strategies and tools with the support of subject specialists and Program Evaluation and research Team.
Program Evaluation and Monitoring:
- Work closely with Program Evaluation & Research (PER) team to design program and process evaluation of MTB-MLE
- Develop tools for Program evaluation to evaluate multiple aspects of MTB-MLE in field
- Assist PER team in carrying out routine monitoring and evaluation
Assessment & Evaluation Plan:
- Develop assessment and evaluation plan with the help of PER team for MTB-MLE
- Assist MTB-MLE subject specialists in designing assessment tools for their respective subjects
- Analyze the monitoring, evaluation and assessment data to identify the gaps and suggest strategies to fill the identified gaps
- Maintain the data and record
- Coordinate with Area and Principals to carry out the plan and data collection
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Sindhi & Urdu.
- Keen interest in observing the role of language in education, amidst the multitude of aspiration and context driven factors
- Enthusiastic about curriculum design, literacy development and research in learning in the primary years
- Understanding of students context and role of progression in language development
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, internet navigation)
- Values inter-personal skills and has the ability to develop meaningful working relationships
- Community mobilization knowledge will be an added advantage
Engagement in program evaluation and assessments
At least 2 years in designing/conducting evaluation and assessment design or demonstrates significant interest in the subject with evidence