The Digital Literacy Project at TCF aims to develop and roll-out a curriculum for students that builds computer literacy and problem-solving skills using digital tools. It consists of five strands: Computer Systems, Computational Thinking, Programming, Digital Citizenship, and IT Skills. The major focus of the curriculum is on developing programming skills using the software, Scratch. The project is rolled out to TCF schools in stages after strategic pilots are conducted. The Project Associate – Digital Literacy is required to work on curriculum development, training design and roll-out, determining hardware and software needs of the curriculum for scale roll-out, and managing communications with multiple stakeholders.
- Partner with a team of specialists in the development of curriculum, textbooks and teacher guides for Digital Literacy
- Design and develop staff training for roll-out of Digital Literacy in schools.
- Plan and conduct activities of rolling out of the program to schools within strict timelines
- Maintain a strong relationship with internal and external partners. Collaborate and communicate with other developers, researchers and implementers.
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Interest in computer science content and approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills including effective writing skills
- Ability to plan and organize activities within timelines
- Good writing skills to be able to write content, lesson plans or training modules
- Strong research skills, both primary and secondary
- Ability to collate information
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods.
- Interest in current programming software for children, e.g. Scratch and Python
Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in an Education related field. Having a computer education background will be a plus.
Preferably 1-2 years of teaching experience and/or working in computer education