“A major reason for poor performance of many linguistic and ethnic minority children is that they are often taught in a language they struggle to understand. It limits their ability to develop foundations for later learning and negatively affects their cognitive development.” UNESCO
In 2018, TCF built its very first schools in the Tharparkar district and plans to develop and implement a multilingual education framework first in these schools with potential to scale it across the province. This entails implementing a framework which potentially uses the students’ mother tongue and incorporates the regional language, language of common use (Urdu) and an international language (English) at various stages of a child’s schooling journey.
TCF has successfully completed the research phase, and now moved to the Second Phase of developing resources and capacity for the aspired multilingual education framework.
The incumbent will be responsible for designing and leading implementation on training modules that enable successful implementation of mother tongue based multilingual education (MTB-MLE).
Research and Collaboration:
- Re-visit the research undertaken on capacity building in respect to MTB-MLE, and collaborate with other programs within TCF who have worked on teacher capacity building
- Designing in person capacity building program and digital training modules for early childhood and primary years, that incorporate the essential principles associated with MTB-MLE
Language Rich Environment:
- Seeking creative strategies and activities to create rich learning environment for learning both familiar and unfamiliar languages
- Coordinate with Regional Education Manager, Area Education Manager and School Principals for execution and feedback
- Strong verbal, reading and written communication skills in Sindhi and English (proficiency in Urdu is preferred)
- Keen interest in observing the role of language in education, amidst the multitude of aspiration and context driven factors
- Enthusiastic about literacy development, capacity building and research in learning and training in the primary years
- Ability to design engaging content in alignment with the needs and interests of its intended audience
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, Powerpoint, internet navigation)
- Values inter-personal skills and has the ability to develop meaningful working relationships
- Community mobilization knowledge will be an added advantage
Preferably Masters in Education/Instructional Leadership or related field
At least 2 years of leading teacher training's at primary level