Execute purchasing for the organization, coordinate purchasing practices and to maximize savings and benefits available to TCF from purchasing activities. End to end manage special projects like EYRD, DLP and FAS projects. Ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works and liaising with suppliers/vendors. To ensure efficient, cost effective and timely delivery of provisions and supplies and logistic support to TCF Head Office, Regions & Area Offices.
- Manage end to end activities for procurement and supply of items for special projects during the year. Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
· Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Coordinate with areas for timely deliveries.
- Timely process of invoices to finance.
- Demand planning of items for annual requirement.
- Maintain up-to-date vendors’ portfolios for supply of items
- Promote good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and cost.
- Compare prices, specifications, delivery schedule, warranty / guaranties to determine the best bid among the potential suppliers.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other related problems.
- Prepare maintain and review purchase files, reports and price lists.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, purchase orders and process copies to the vendor and the departments originating the purchase request.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Respond to the queries of suppliers and originating departments regarding order status, changes or cancelations of orders.
- Make purchase of all items required by TCF after getting appropriate approvals
- Negotiate with vendors and analyze vendor’s capabilities.
- Check shipments / supplies on receipt to ensure that the goods received meet specifications.
- Good communication skills
- Efficient negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office
Preferably 1-2 years of experience