The incumbent will be responsible for understanding TCF’s current learning design and assessment practices; study best practices worldwide; and in collaboration with stakeholders from curriculum, training and assessment team at TCF, design and implement desired framework for learning and assessment.
With its wide and diverse network of students, teachers, communities and educators across Pakistan TCF has continuously strived to provide enabling environment of learning for everyone to grow. One of TCF’s prime yardstick of success is ‘continuous improvement’ and in that light, this project aims to learn from diverse learning and assessment frameworks practiced across the world, and develop such frameworks that best suit the contextual realities of learning in Pakistan and the desired outcomes.
This team will spearhead the explorative task of studying the journey of developing concrete student learning outcomes (SLO) and teacher learning outcomes (TLO), and most suitable ways to assess student level and system level impact of the interventions made by TCF, at different junctures of student and teacher lives.
- System wide research on Assessment
- Research on SLO development, writing, TLO writing and SLO mapping within and across subjects
- Linking Curriculum, Assessment and Training
- Collaboration across and within research, curriculum, assessment and training teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Urdu and English
- Keen interest in quality assessment leading to quality output
- Excited about designing and disseminating learning outcomes
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, PowerPoint, internet navigation) especially data management using Advanced MS Excel
- Values inter-personal skills and has the ability to develop meaningful working relationships
- Willing to undertake subject-level dialogues
- Sound understanding of research methods
- Sound knowledge of project reporting, appraisals and budgeting
- Enjoys attending to details
- Respects volunteers and strategically aligns their interest with project goals
Masters in domains of Social Sciences and/or Education, especially Assessment
Preferably 3 years or more in position of lead research role in education. Thorough experience of assessment and/or curriculum design