The School Evaluation Framework at TCF is centered on outlining a robust, transparent and structured mechanism for System Evaluation and Improvement. The incumbent will be responsible for researching, developing and implementing evaluation tools involving students, teachers, principals and school communities to ensure continuous school improvement.
- Conduct extensive primary and secondary research on School Evaluation Framework
- Support development of instruments based on primary and secondary research and develop/revise associated content including guidelines, protocols, rubrics, rating criteria, research reports etc.
- Support planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of existing and new tools/interventions
- Engage with stakeholders including students, teachers, principals and parents to seek input and incorporate their feedback in the improvement of assessment tools
- Develop decision making frameworks to determine which tools are deployed in the field from an array of tested alternatives, and to what end, documenting design choices for institutional memory
- Facilitate in the training of evaluators and enumerators and design training content, illustrative examples, sample templates and reports, process documents, quality assurance protocols etc.
- While this role will initially work on the School Evaluation framework, it will pivot to other research studies as this project moves towards wider roll-out.
- Excellent research skills, and an interest in designing / architecting research instruments
- Understanding of psychometrics
- Foundation in psychology, particularly understanding of child psychology
- Ability to use critical and reflective thinking in the design, pilot and deployment of various research and evaluative instruments
- Open-mindedness and Rigor are two attributes that would be of great value to this role
- Strong English & Urdu proficiency (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Typing).
A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy or Social Sciences should provide a strong foundation for this role; however, candidates with degrees in similar disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
2-3 years of research experience (professionally and academically); any grounding in psychometrics would be of great value to this role.