A risk compliance manager ensures that the organization conducts its business processes in compliance with laws and regulations. The major task of a Risk & Compliance manager is to uphold the ethical integrity of the organization and also ensure that business activities are conducted as per regulatory framework.
In order to assess the risk and interpret them properly the risk & compliance manager should have thorough understanding of the major steps involved in risk management that are identification, analysis, planning, monitoring, reporting, and controlling risks.
- Develop, execute & manage risk framework
- Conducting internal reviews/ assessments among all departments
- Classify intensity of risk for easy understanding of stakeholders
- Categorize risks as per risk classification
- The risk are assessed on 2 levels approach
- Gross Risk and
- Residual Risk
- Follow up on Action Plans and timelines
- Point of verification to be filled with relevant evidence.
- Abreast with the industry to identify new risk
- Closeout of mitigated/ older risks after management approval with reasoning
- Reason for addition or deletion of new risk
- Regular follow up with all departments over risk register.
- To conduct internal audit and reviews at regular intervals to ensure that compliance procedures are regularly followed which are not limited to:
- 5th Schedule of Companies Act
- SECP compliance
- Taxes (Income tax, Sales Tax, Provincial Taxes)
- Code of Corporate Governance 2019.
- Prepare presentation and report for follow up and feedback from relevant departments
- Researching and keeping abreast stakeholders of legislative issues, new compliance regulations/ donors’ regulations etc.
Maintain & Manage Policy Portal
The policy portal is among the prime responsibility of the risk & compliance manager. The portal needs to be regularly updated. Regular follow-up from departments are required to so that any update in the policy or procedure can be updated and made available to all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Multi-tasking and time management. Leadership and people management
- Proficient in MS Office
- Command over latest knowledge of IAS and IFRS
- Knowledge of AML/CFT would be an added advantage
CIA or ACCA or Master’s in Finance
At least 5 years’ experience in finance. Possess the exposure of ERP environment.