The incumbent will provide overall vision and direction to TCF’s Teacher Development and Principal Development Programs by exploring and designing solutions for them. S/he will lead the Teacher-training and principal-training design teams. The activities undertaken by these teams include but are not limited to: designing the pre-service and in-service training for teachers and principals, developing subject content training modules, creating teacher assessments on pedagogy and content knowledge, exploring various modalities of conducting trainings at a large scale such as through virtual modes or via cascade model. The incumbent will be responsible for hiring, developing, leading and providing support to team leads and managers responsible for these projects, as well as conducting various other managerial tasks such as managing expenditure.
- Develop a Training Framework for teachers and principals’ development by conducting primary and secondary research, learning about global and local modes of instructional delivery and pedagogical practices as well as understanding the nuances of the different contexts in which TCF schools and their staff operate.
- Lead a team of training leads and training content developers in the development of training programs and content that is aligned with the overall Training Vision and Framework. This will include, but is not limited to, subject specific training content and virtual trainings.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of pilot programmes before they are scaled across the network.
- Design and implement TNA process which may include making purposeful school visits with the team to observe classrooms and activities, speaking to teachers and principals to gauge and fulfill gaps in implementation through better training design or capacity building of faculty.
- Hire, develop, retain and appraise his/her team enabling a culture of deep thinking, questioning, researching, collaborating and creating.
- Plan and track annual targets ensuring work quality and timeliness.
- Participate in TCF’s Education Management Committees with the objective of co-developing policies, vision and direction for learning and training activities in schools.
- Collaborate with various other teams on a range of projects related to training, the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Prepare clear, user-friendly reports, presentations, and data visualizations for the education management team for strategic road-mapping.
- Plan and manage budgets.
- Read, review, manage and critically analyze data.
- Design-thinking and problem-solving skills with attention-to-detail
- Knowledge of or interest in instructional design
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods
- Ability to learn about and understand the nuances of the different contexts in which TCF schools operate.
- Strong communication skills in Urdu and English
- Leadership skills
- Project design and management skills
- Ability to plan and organize activities within timelines
- Ability to research and collate information
- Ability to question
- Ability to review and critically analyze curricular content and data
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers
- Expertise of Microsoft Office
- Budget Management
Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferable (in an Education-related field preferred)
At least 5 years. Experience preferred in school leadership, teacher training or curriculum design and development.