The incumbent will provide overall planning, direction, management, guidance and support to special projects related to curriculum design and development for TCF. Major project under the purview of this individual will be preparing current TCF primary textbooks as model textbooks for the Federal and provincial governments, by aligning them with the National Curriculum (2022). The incumbent will be responsible for being the primary liaison with the National Curriculum Council and relevant provincial boards, providing support to subject leads responsible for the textbook revision by reviewing and giving feedback on the content quality, planning and tracking to ensure timelines are met, managing a large team of consultants and freelancers and ensuring the availability of such personnel, etc.
- Lead the preparation of current TCF primary textbooks as model textbooks for the Federal and provincial governments, by aligning them with the National Curriculum (2022).
- be the primary liaison with the National Curriculum Council and relevant provincial boards,
- provide support to subject leads responsible for the textbook revision by reviewing and giving feedback on the content quality (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science)
- plan and track to ensure timelines are met,
- manage a large team of consultants and freelancers and ensuring the availability of such personnel,
- track expenses of the project
- Lead a team of curriculum leads and developers in the development of curricula that is aligned with TCF’s vision.
- Hire, develop, retain and appraise his/her team enabling a culture of deep thinking, questioning, researching, collaborating and creating.
- Build strong relationships with partners with whom TCF collaborates.
- Plan and track targets ensuring work quality and timeliness.
- Participate in education management committees with the objective of developing policies, vision and direction for learning and training activities in schools.
- Make purposeful school visits to observe classrooms and library activities, speak to teachers and principals to gauge and fulfill gaps in implementation through better design or capacity building of faculty.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Research innovative modes of instructional delivery and pedagogical practices if required.
- Prepare clear, user-friendly reports, presentations, and data visualizations for the education management team for strategic road-mapping.
This is a contractual role, however, it could lead to a permanent role within the Academics team.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong skills in design-thinking and problem-solving skills with attention-to-detail
- Knowledge of or interest curriculum development
- Ability to plan and organize activities within timelines
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations
- Ability to research and collate information
- Ability to review and analyze curricular content
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods
- Strong communication skills in Urdu and English
- Expertise of Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferable (in an Education-related field preferred)
At least 6 years. Experience preferred in leadership, teacher training or curriculum design and development.