- Undertaking proactive research on new leads (including institutional grantors, corporate foundations, family foundations, High Net worth individuals and other impact investors) and writing opportunity briefs where needed.
- Creating a research strategy for the GP unit
- Preparing concept notes, proposals and Letters of intent for grantors in coordination with the rest of the team.
- Responsible for overseeing all research and proposal related tasks for TCF’s Country Partners on behalf of the GP Team.
- Manage approval process of pitches and proposals in line with the department’s SOPs
- When required, assisting with monitoring and writing grant reports an also assisting with managing grantor relationships.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills ·
• Experience of working on proposals and budgets for institutional donors.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong command of the English language.
• Strong research skills.
• understanding of Microsoft Excel and spreadsheets.
• Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Good time management skills.
• Ability to work independently but is also a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Willing to learn and adapt to the team’s needs and work on other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Master’s Degree in Development, Social Sciences, Humanities
At least 6 years of experience preferably in proposal writing/business development and/or research in the social sector