Execute purchasing for the Organization, coordinate purchasing practices and to maximize savings and benefits available to TCF from purchasing activities. Ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works and liaising with suppliers/vendors. To ensure efficient, cost effective and timely delivery of provisions and supplies and logistic support to TCF Head Office, Regions & Area Offices.
- Maintain up-to-date vendors’ portfolios for supply of items
- Assist in the selection of appropriate supplier and contractor.
- Promote good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and cost.
- Compare prices, specifications, delivery schedule, warranty / guaranties to determine the best bid among the potential suppliers.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other related problems.
- Prepare maintain and review purchase files, reports and price lists.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, purchase orders and process copies to the vendor and the departments originating the purchase request.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Respond to the queries of suppliers and originating departments regarding order status, changes or cancelations of orders.
- Make purchase of all items required by TCF after getting appropriate approvals
- Negotiate with vendors and analyze vendor’s capabilities.
- Check shipments / supplies on receipt to ensure that the goods received meet specifications.
- Compare supplies with bills, bids and purchase orders, verify / check vendor bills, get them approved and process payments to Finance / Accounts Department.
- Record keeping and management of inventory (All School Supplies) that stock in/out Warehouses.
- Ensure receiving, picking and dispatch of stock of school supplies to TCF schools is done according to Operational Guidelines.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of all warehousing/inventory and logistics activities. Liaising with suppliers/vendors for deliveries.
- Good communication skills
- Efficient negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office
BA/ B.Com/ BBA
Preferably 2 years of relevant experience