Execute purchasing for the organization, coordinate purchasing practices and to maximize savings and benefits available to TCF from purchasing activities. Ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works and liaising with suppliers/vendors. To ensure efficient, cost effective and timely delivery of provisions and supplies and logistic support to TCF Head Office, Regions & Area Offices.
- Support and implement TCF’s Procurement Strategy.
- Maintain vendors’ portfolios for the supply of items.
- Assist in the selection of suppliers and contractors.
- Promote good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, and cost.
- Compare prices, specifications, delivery schedule, and warranty/guaranties to determine the best bid among the potential suppliers.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchase files, reports, and price lists.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, and orders and process copies to the vendor and relevant stakeholders.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Timely response to the queries of suppliers and relevant departments regarding order status, changes, or cancelations.
- Carry out timely purchasing activity of all approved items.
- Negotiate with vendors and analyze vendors’ capabilities.
- Check shipments/supplies on receipt to ensure that the goods received meet specifications.
- Record keeping and management of inventory (All School Supplies) stocked in/out of Warehouses.
- Ensure receiving, packing, and dispatch of stock of school supplies to TCF schools is done according to Operational Guidelines.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of all warehousing/inventory and logistics activities. Liaising with suppliers/vendors for deliveries.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office
- Attention to detail.
- Decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to identify relevant data to inform improvement options.
Bachelors in relevant discipline.
Minimum two years of work experience in Procurement