The English Instructor – student development will teach classes for the holistic language improvement objectives for the students, with the end point being success in university admission tests. This is a unique track with distinct solution needs, since the TCF College students come from Urdu medium schools and, over a journey of 02 years, need to develop language proficiency in multiple overlapping areas of listening, speaking, writing, grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension and aptitude test success.
- Teach foundation classes incorporating beginner level grammar, reading, writing and vocabulary
- Conduct regular classes with progressive improvement towards standard and advanced levels of proficiency.
- Improve students’ language proficiency with classroom interventions, strategies and content
- Develop the curriculum including student packs, assessments, readers, exercises etc.
- Develop lesson plans for classes, incorporating effective strategies and activities.
- Understand requirements of various aptitude tests to incorporate into curriculum and teaching strategies geared towards exam success and tertiary admissions.
- Design and check assessments and aptitude tests to ascertain student progress, provide student feedback and strategize for improvement
- Develop cultural components and activities for language improvement
- Command over the English language; grammar, writing, speaking
- Good understanding of teaching methodologies and language teaching
- Experience/know-how with ESL would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with teams and achieve multiple objectives
- A great work ethic and a knack for continuous improvement
Bachelors OR Masters from a reputable institute.
01-year experience with university aptitude tests/ SAT/ GRE required