The Student Development Teacher – Mathematics will teach college students with the end point being success in university admission tests. This is a unique track that demands distinct solutions over a journey of 02 years in which the Teacher is assigned to develop competence in basic mathematical skills in the students, an understanding of the structure of mathematics and to encourage them to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics.
- Teach foundation classes incorporating beginner level Mathematics concepts.
- Conduct regular classes and track progressiveness towards standard and advanced levels.
- Improve students’ Mathematics concepts with classroom interventions, strategies and content.
- Develop the curriculum including student packs, assessments, exercises etc.
- Develop lesson plans for classes, incorporating effective strategies and activities.
- Understand requirements of various university aptitude tests to incorporate into curriculum and teaching strategies geared towards exam success and tertiary admissions.
- Design and check assessments and aptitude tests to ascertain student progress, provide student feedback and strategize for improvement.
- Design student development activities that relate to mathematics in the physical world.
- Good understanding of teaching methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with teams and achieve multiple objectives
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, team members, staff and management.
- A great work ethic and a knack for continuous improvement
Bachelors OR Masters from a reputable institute (preferably in mathematics).
Minimum 01-year teaching experience with knowledge of university aptitude tests/ SAT/ GRE (preferable).