The Trainer – DLP will be part of a cohort of trainers for the roll-out of the Digital literacy project in Central, North and North West schools of TCF. The trainers will receive training and support about the content and conduction of the training and they will then be required to deliver these through in-person trainings to teachers and principals in TCF schools.
The Digital Literacy Program aims to develop 21st century skills necessary to meet the fast-paced changing world of technology through programming and computational thinking by giving students a hands on experience of learning through technology.
- Attend a 5-day Training of Trainers (ToT) on DLP
- Participate in all activities concerning the ToT and conduct practice training sessions in ToT.
- Study training manuals and take part in other activities to get an understanding of software (Scratch) and the digital literacy program.
- Lead and conduct trainings for up to 35 TCF teachers/principals in at least 4-5 training venues, inside and/or outside Karachi)
- Seek feedback on performance and attempt to improve performance at all stages.
- Dynamic individual with an energetic demeanor in training settings
- Familiar with training practices
- Command on communicating in Urdu
- Passionate about connecting with teachers and principals in schools
- Passionate about developing good teaching practices in schools
- Able to lead trainings for audiences of up to 35 persons
- Possess strong clarity and coherence in thought and communication
- Be respectful for every individual
- Able to read and follow training manuals and guidelines to the letter while also ensuring that needs of the audiences are met
- Able to work in a team
- Interest in current programming software for children, e.g. Scratch and Python
- Be self-reflective
- Be responsible
- Possess value for commitment
Bachelor’s degree. (having a background in computer science will be highly preferable)
Preferably 1-2 years in teaching or teacher training